Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More Hexagons...

I have enjoyed watching the progress of Alena from Quilting in Prague's Hexagon project. It has inspired me to work on something of my own. This time not quilt-as-you-go either. I was given three fat quarters in the earthy colours last year and haven't know what to do with them so I have added my favourite black and white to them and started making flowers.........

My original plan was to sew these flowers onto a white tone on tone background and sash each block in black and then what? I hadn't thought that far! But now I have changed my mind and have decided to make the white background and black sashing out of hexagons as well!

This project may stop at wall hanging size!

This is my progress so far.........................



Yes only flowers, still a long way to go!

Jodie

1 comment:

Alena said...

oh Jodie,
your flowers are lovely, I am looking forward to seing your progress...
yes, you were right that quilting was my first attempt not turning out bad... luckily...