Thursday, July 20, 2006

Russ's Quilt

I have FINALLY finished 12 blocks for DH's quilt. I gave up on the BOM pattern in a magazine I originally started as it was too frustrating. There were errors, corrections, then errors in the corrections. As a beginner I found the instructions assumed you knew what you were doing and in most cases I had no idea! Instead I made the remainder of the blocks from the quilters cache.
Today I bought some more fabric to finish it off. Navy to trim the blocks and bind the quilt, brown with a bit of gold for the inner border and gold for the outer border.

Here is a piccy taken from the other end. (Please ignore my purple tablecloth - it has nothing to do with the finished project!)


1 comment:

Cathi said...

Well done on the quilt blocks! Looks good, can't wait to see it with borders...