Wednesday, October 11, 2006

We're Back!

The girls and I spent a week in Narrabri visiting Loretta, the girls godmother. Narrabri is "Big Sky Country" approx 7 hours driving time from here. It was great to see her and great to have some time away but it was fantastic to get back again. There is NO place like home!

Today is the first chance I have had in the sewing room for awhile so I have some WIPs to show.

Firstly some blocks for Charlotte's house quilt. I would like to make some of Tonya's wonky houses or Bonnie's Happy Scrappy House blocks to alternate with the house fabric blocks which is why I have ground to a holt on this one. (I don't know why this photo is sideways, it isn't when viewed on my computer!)




Then there are the blocks I made for Loretta's cushions and placemats. I stalled on these as I didn't like how they were turning out, but now that I have been to her new place they may be ok. I will ask her what she thinks. If she doesn't like them I can always turn them into charity quilt.




My current hand project is another colour wheel. I should get this put together tonight as I am going to a sewing group. There will be three of us, Cathy, Sarah and myself and tonight is the first night. Hopefully the first of many! Cathy is hosting the group and wants us to come up with a name. Any ideas?



Finally this Christmas Wreath wall hanging is for my secret sister in the SSCS swap I am in. I am sending to Anne-Maree but she doesn't know my identity. I was to send her a parcel per month to put in the stocking I made her but she has been away and then I was away so by mutual agreement I am sending her a parcel with several presents to go in the stocking later this month. There will be a candle appliqued in the centre of the wreath and then borders of course.

Oops I'm sorry, but Blogger outright refuses to publish a photo of my wreath. Maybe next time!

Jodie

No comments: