Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Our Christmas

A bit behind I know, just catching up. I hope everyone had a wonderful festive season and that 2007 is good to us all.

Our festivities started on the Saturday evening before Christmas with a BBQ with friends. No I still haven't found the last packet of checker pieces but my DH came to the rescue and offered me the pieces from his Checker set that I made for his birthday last May! Bless him. I still need to make a little dilly bag for everything to go in, but Annie loved it and doesn't know she was supposed to have a bag as well. Here she is with my two playing in the Hammock....
Sunday was cooking and preparing for Christmas Day. Then to finish DH wall hanging. I had the idea of handprints for a long time and didn't really know what to do, so ended up cutting them out of felt and sewing onto another 9 patch snowball quilt. I thought it would only take me a couple of hours to sew them on. Wrong!! I finially finished at 3am on Christmas morning. It was worth the effort, I am happy with the result and DH has agreed to hang it in the entry of our house.
We had a lovely lunch with family and did it all again Boxing Day with friends. I got some great goodies but my favourite gift was from DH. A Rule Steady that I had asked for during the year but never thought he would remember. He did :)
Hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Jodie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.