Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pumpkin and Feta Salad

Looks good doesn't it? Taste's divine I promise you and is very easy.

Peel, dice and roast the pumpkin until tender. I seasoned mine with some salt, pepper and a touch of brown sugar and then tossed it in olive oil before roasting about 30mins. Allow to cool but do not refrigerate.

Crisp some bacon in a fry pan and dry roast some pine nuts.

When you are ready to serve, layer baby spinach and rocket leaves on a plate, scatter the pumpkin, bacon, finely sliced Spanish onion, diced or crumbled feta and the pine nuts.

The secret ingredient is the yummy Honey Mustard dressing that Chookyblue brought with her........ just swirl a little on the top.



Enjoy,

Jodie

NB. I was asked in some emails where can we get the dressing? As it was a gift I am not sure where it is sold. The bottle does have an email address on it for contacting Rosie - Rosieshm@bigpond.com or I have made this dressing before -

3 quarters of a cup of Honey
1 tbs Dijon Mustard (I think it would be nice with wholegrain mustard)
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs lemon juice

This is a Donna Hay recipe that goes with her Pumpkin and Beetroot Salad in Issue 20 of her magazine, a few years ago.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you are sooooo mean.........I am drooling already.........it looks sooo good and it taste devine........just wished I could have it again........will have to make some for myself........

Khris said...

Ohhh this sounds very yummy. Now where do we get this dressing from? Hugs, Khris

Quilty Cat said...

This I am going to try! I like anything easy! But where to get the dressing? Carmel