Sunday, January 06, 2008

Quilt A-long Block 7 and more.......

Well as illustrated above I have complete Block 7 in Crazy Mom Quilts Quilt A-long. This one was so quick and easy to put together. I love that. Crazy Mom is talking of doing a Star Block Quilt A-long when we finish this sampler. My initial reaction - No Way, Not Me, but the more I think about it the more interested I am. I am no-way as scared of half square triangles as I used to be, and I feel less intimidated as we work through these blocks one a time.
So much so, that I picked out the fabrics above and decided to make samplers for the girls as well. The top 3 fabrics on the right are new FQs, the rest are just scraps. (I did honestly think it would be enough fabric! I was so wrong).

DD1's is pink with purple, and......

DD2's is purple with pink.
Don't worry, I agree that the purple in the bottom left block is too dark, but I have stalled as I am totally out of darker pinks and don't have any other purples for interest. Gee I will just have to go fabric shopping! I will wait until I pick up some more fabric and then decided if the new fabrics help the dark purple to blend in more, otherwise I can unpick it and reverse the fabric so it is not so intense.


Speaking of purchasing fabric, when we were up at SIL's place between Christmas and New Year she took me to a patchwork shop - Maleny Magic. I had Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket! The six FQ on the top left are a set called "Abstract Expressions". They caught my eye as soon as I walked in so I decided to splurge. No idea what I will do with them but I am sure I will have fun working something out. The other FQs where all $2.50 each. Yes you read that right. I promise I tried to buy more, but this was the best I could do!!
Jodie



1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

these blocks are looking great.......well done......