Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tomato Plant

A friend if mine, Nicole; one of the mum's at school, invited a few of us around for lunch today. She said she had it all under control, just bring yourself, but I don't like to arrive empty handed. Wine isn't really suitable when we all have to front the school in the afternoon for pick up so what to take? I thought of flowers, but for anything nice - too expensive. So instead I picked up a tomato plant.

Absolutely laden with fruit. Will be fun for her 3 daughters to watch them ripen and munch away! The original plan was to pick up a herb, was thinking Italian parsley, but couldn't walk past this.

What is your best idea for a hostess gift? Particularly homemade?

I still have some Nectarine Jam in the fridge that I made when the stone fruits where in season, but some people just aren't jam people!

All ideas greatly received.

Jodie

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

nice gift idea so how was the lunch.........