Tuesday, September 15, 2009

all the fun of the fair!!!


I didn't get my cake made until Saturday night so I dropped it off before mass on Sunday morning. I made a lemon cake. The cake stall co-ordinator said it was the only Lemon Cake they had and she may buy it herself! Don't know if she did.


While DH supervised the girls on the rides I got some bargains. All this from the plant stall for $9!! A large Aloe Vera, some oregano and sage, a tiny parlour palm, a nasturtian and a tiny string of pearls planted in a champagne saucer.



Then for $5 on the plate table I got this purple gingham fabric and behind it is some plain mauve fabric, with matching thread and ric rac.



From the book stall I got a 1000+ piece puzzle (it has a note on the front saying no pieces are missing - hope it is true), some flash cards for DD2 and a travel sized snakes and ladders for our days at the park or camping. These three cost a total of $2.



This Maxwell and Williams "Shanghai" set was my best buy. Still in the box for $8. I debated a bit on this one, but there was a lady lurking behind me ready to pounce if I put it down so I held on to it for awhile until I decided :)


and for my little ironing board I use when I sew, this travel iron. as you can see it was $2. I thought it worth the risk at that price and am pleased to say that it works well. A little stiff to put together, but when I am set up I will probably leave it.


Hope you enjoyed your Sunday as much as I enjoyed mine!

Jodie

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the cake looks yummy........was going to cook one this arvo but forgot I had to cook a shoulder of meat.........maybe tonight.......

Anita said...

Wow, you did get some great buys there!!

Leanne said...

Some great bargains there. The lemon cakes looks yummy.