Friday, May 14, 2010

almost a week late.....

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day!!! We had a great day. Lunch here, as usual, but we have 3 generations of mother's on my side which is pretty special....

My Nan, My Mum, Me and My two girls.

Pride of place in the centre of the table was my tomato plant from Lil sis... and it is still alive!

Kept things super simple, because after all I am a mum too....

Chicken and vegetable pie, with pastry squares, just to bump up the visual impact.

See, pull away that pastry goodness and there is some wholesome Chicken and Vegetable goodness...... this is the easiest lunch to wow a crowd I promise you.

This meagre portion belongs to my amazing Nan, 96 and still kickin'. Although a little slower than she used to!

The dessert, Tah-Dah..... Chocolate pudding in the tea cup with a dollop of whipped cream. However this shot is of my serving and it has a dallop of vanilla yoghurt on it, cause cream just don't like me!

So Mum's I'm a little late, but hope it was a good one.... :)

Jodie

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

It all looks good! How nice to have your grandmother there.

Jodie said...

First up I love the crochet in your header picture!!!!!

What gorgeous post!!! Your cooking is amazing and that pie with the little pastry squares is an wesome idea...

I love the picture of your Nan eating her lunch, just priceless...

What a wonderful mothers day you must of had..

Hugs - Jodie :)

Anonymous said...

What great photos you must have of your 4 generations. Wonderful.
Love the Chicken & Vegetables. Do you have a recipe. And the pastry squares look great, did you make them or buy them?
Hope you had a great day!!!