Thursday, January 26, 2012

Aussie Kids

........so mine aren't 'weekbix kids' but we are proud Aussies.

I want to wish my fellow Australians a wonderful day today -
Whatever you may be doing, in whatever part of this vast country of ours you are in.
We are spending today at home.
It is stinkin' hot and so so humid.
All official Australia Day Celebrations have had to be postponed as yesterday we had such heavy rain and flash flooding. We are all fine, but I had a scary commute to work yesterday with very low visibility and the M1 was eventually cut by flooding. It has receded and is open again, but the rain is predicted to return with Sunday supposedly the worst.

below is lil sis, she is listening to one of my favourite songs (over and over and over and over, lol)



I think Dorothea Mackellar can say it better than I ever could -

I love a sunburnt country,
a land of sweeping plains.
of rugged mountain ranges,
of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel sea.
her beauty and her terror -
the wild brown land for me.







Jodie
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leanne said...

We are lucky to live in a sunburnt country.