Monday, January 21, 2013

Yes, well.......

Hello, Happy New Year and all that!
I have just taken this photo out the back to show the clouds.  There is a chance it may rain today.  The temps are the lowest we have had in a while.  
Nothing like the 40 degrees plus others parts of the country are getting but here it is the humidity that knocks us about.  Right now it is at 76%.  It has been up near 90% for too long.


So I have been holding off doing a post this year as I wanted my first one to be the final ta-dah! of Miss Paradise's wool eater.  I first posted about this on the 9th of January last year, and gave my first progress report on the 17th and I had no intention of not being finished more than a year later but there you go.  It has just been toooooooo hot.  The blue round that I am working on at the moment will be my last round for the time being.  It won't be as large as I want it to be but it is big enough for an eleven year old and frankly we are both sick of it.  Me working on it, and Miss P sick of it not being finished.  Fortunately it is the type of pattern that can be added to. 


Due to the weather there has been very little crochet action about the place, but I did manage a small finish for my Nan for Christmas.  This tissue box cover pattern is a freebie from The Royal Sisters.   Want to hear a funny story about this?  I used a box of tissues we had here to 'model' it as I was making it.  Once complete I bought a new box of tissues and the new box was taller that the box we had here at home.  So at Nan's place you can see the box poking out the bottom!  


Working with the same colours I used Lucy's tutorial to learn how to join-as-you-go.  This was just a practice piece but I plan to turn it into a cushion cover.  Everyone needs a cushion cover to match their tissue box don't they?  Speaking of my Nan, she is not too well at the moment so if you are the praying kind, please remember her in yours.


We are into the home stretch with school holidays, we go back Wednesday the 30th.  
We have done the purchasing of the school shoes - ouch!  
Time to stop putting off covering the school books.  
Contact is my friend, Contact is my Friend, Contact is .........
I am dreading the trying on of uniforms.  They have false hems on them already, nothing left to let down.

Oh well, enjoy your day.  
Jodie x

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Hi Jodie you live at Labrador???
I am at Broadbeach ...and yes its been very hot

Leanne said...

That humidity sounds terrible. I am amazed you can crochet at all. I remember those return to school days...sigh.....

Chookyblue...... said...

the temps have gone down a bit here but humity up.........still going to be 37 today.........bring on autumn I say.....
when/if the need arises you can do some more rounds on the blanket......she will love it as is.........
Fairy Girl will need at least one new uniform this week....and bookworms trousers are getting up his ankles and one pair can be let down.....bugger......

Anonymous said...

Love what you've been making.
Love all the colours.
Hope your Nan is getting better since this post ???
Hope you guys haven't been flooded out either.