Monday, June 26, 2006

Anyone for Draughts?




I have been making Draught Boards or Checker Boards as presents this year and they have been a big hit. Charlotte, our social butterfly, gets invited to so many parties that it can get expensive. These don't cost that much to make (do take up my time) and they are a bit different. Wish I had been taking photos of them from the start! I found the jumbo pieces at "Crazy Clarkes" so I stocked up on them and now make a matching drawstring bag to hold the folded "board" and the pieces. Each time I made one, DH asked when would I be making one for us, so guess what he got for his birthday in May? Ta Dah........


Jodie

2 comments:

Patty said...

what perfect gifts ! We would have so much fun with one of those, although I am a lousy player. I never win. We call them "checkers" over here

Hedgehog said...

Just found your blog today, thanks to a comment you left elsewhere. I especially love your chekers games! I might have to borrow the idea! It's a great one!