Monday, November 17, 2008

Heart Blocks for ??????

Can't tell you who they are for...... she is not a blogger, but you never know who pops in from time to time.


I can tell you they are for the same friend that the Christmas decorations were for. I belong to a very small little internet group of ladies and we all support each other. We met through quilting but our ties are now much greater than that. I have only met two of them "in the flesh" but that hasn't changed a thing.


The recipient of all these has had a rough two years and is ready for a new beginning. One of us has organised the decorations and another is putting all the blocks together in a quilt full of goodness. The brief was bright and applique hearts on cream. Not really my thing but I am a piecer so this is what I came up with......


Amish diamond.......


Snowball Nine Patch........

Churn Dash.......

Pieced Heart..... found this online here

Appliqued heart .........

Snowballs........

It is grey and wet and much, much cooler outside today, so these pics are taken in my main bathroom. Sorry but the lighting is not true and the colours are much brighter in real life. Think my favourite is the Snowball 9 patch.


Jodie


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you have got lots done while I have not been chatting to you.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful blocks Jode and oh so very thoughtful.