Sunday, December 27, 2009

25

Christmas Day is always here at our house, celebrated with my Mum, Dad, Nan and Cousin Di.
From my perspective it is all about the food.

I plan it, shop for it and prepare it all. Because it is all about the food, I rarely take any photos on Christmas Day. Last year we had additional family visiting and it was quite a spectacular. I took photos of the finger food and main course and was totally over it come dessert time. This year I made it easy on myself. Our meal was traditionally non-traditional.

This year Mr Paradise snapped some food shots for me.

No finger food or nibbles this year (it spoils your appetite). We had Steamed Soy Chicken Lovely Legs, Roast Potatoes, Asian BBQ Pork and Ham on the bone with home made tomato chutney.


The side dishes were, Asian Rice Salad and, yep, you guessed it, THE pumpkin and feta salad with honey mustard dressing. Mmmmm.


For Dessert I usually make individual trifles with both green and red jelly. This year, thinking I was making life easier on myself I made one large trifle, with only red jelly. It tasted delicious (I am told), but it gave me grief like you wouldn't believe!

Then there was Chocolate Cup cakes for the little people, iced with white icing and decorated with mint leaves and red smarties. That was supposed to look like holly. In the heat, they kinda slid off a bit.

A fruit platter of seasonal green grapes and red cherries, and Rum Balls, made with sweet sherry!! :) They were gooooooood.


Hope you had a lovely day, however you celebrated.

Jodie
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great..........and yes it is all a out the food.........and getting together sharing it is family..........

Leanne said...

I love your backwards calender. Christmas should be easy mine was we had a wonderful BBQ cooked by Lucas with salad prepared by Gemma. You have it all in front of you those girls just have to grow up a bit. LOL